Monday, August 21, 2006

Images of childhood...When the images of babies began, I immediately went to my own kids--back a million years ago when they were small. I love wide-open kids. Kids who are amazed at being here on planet earth and haven't been pushed into place yet. The one image of a young girl who was maybe 9 or 10 then made me jump to myself. Still a child, but the outer edges are starting to shift into personhood. It's kind of sad growing up...

what makes me laugh? I love the scene in Jim Carrey's "God Almighty" when he messes with the news anchor's delivery of the newscast--tears rolled down my face on that one. My outrageous 2 year old niece who stares her grandmother in the eye, my 15 year old daughter's girl silliness put forth with a grin, when my 20 year old son sings "you can ring my bell" with a dead straight face. Laughter is core connection of the very best kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home